Being in compliance with HIPAA involves not only ensuring you provide the appropriate patient rights and controls on your uses and disclosures of protected health information, but you also have the proper policies and procedures in place.
If audited or the subject of a compliance review you will be required to show the government you have all the necessary documentation in place for safeguarding patient Protected Health Information and indicate how you addressed all required security safeguards. This starts with the fundamentals of a HIPAA compliance program.
If your healthcare practice, business, or organization needs to understand how to put HIPAA compliance program in place or make sure the current program is adequate and can withstand government scrutiny, please join us for this informative and interactive course.
Why should you Attend: With an increase in HIPAA enforcement and Phase 2 audits underway, many organizations need to fully understand the requirements of a compliance program.
Attendees will leave the course clearly understanding of all the requirements for a comprehensive HIPAA compliance program and what steps need to taken to mitigate risk. After completing this course, a Covered Entity or Business Associate will have a clear roadmap for what needs to be place when it comes to all of the HIPAA regulations.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Why was HIPAA created?
Who Must Comply with HIPAA Requirements?
What are the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules?
What is a HIPAA Compliance Program?
What is a HIPAA Risk Management Plan?
What is meant by "Required" and "Addressable" Implementation Specifications?
What are Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards Requirements?
What is a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
What are HIPAA training requirements?
What is a HIPAA data breach and what happens if it occurs?
What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
Creating a Culture of Compliance
- Compliance Officer
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Medical/Dental Office Managers
- Practice Managers
- Information Systems Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- General Counsel/Lawyer
- Practice Management Consultants
- Any Business Associates that Accesses Protected Health Information
- IT Companies that Support Medical/Dental Practices or other Healthcare Organizations
• Compliance Officer
• HIPAA Privacy Officer
• HIPAA Security Officer
• Medical/Dental Office Managers
• Practice Managers
• Information Systems Manager
• Chief Information Officer
• General Counsel/Lawyer
• Practice Management Consultants
• Any Business Associates that Accesses Protected Health Information
• IT Companies that Support Medical/Dental Practices or other Healthcare Organizations