Get the Latest Information on Planning for IRAs
Forbes has called 2020 "the year of missed RMDs." Now that the stretch is dead, what effective options exist in managing IRA assets? This timely briefing offers practical guidance on preventing, correcting and reporting missed RMDs. Get effective short-term workarounds and explore new long-term planning approaches to prepare for the new future. Register today!
- Clarify the crucial aspects of the SECURE act and its far-reaching implications.
- Determine who's most likely to miss an RMD and learn how to prevent it.
- Walk through the key steps and pitfalls of the IRS process of self-reporting and correcting for missed RMDs.
- Get practical tips for course-correcting old IRA trusts.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: John M. Hemenway
- SECURE Act Required Minimum Distributions Provisions - What's Changed
- Who's in Danger of Missed RMDs and the 50% Penalty?
- IRS Self-Correcting and Reporting to Fix Missed RMDs: Practical Tips for Getting it Right
- What Will Happen to Existing Conduit IRA Trusts and How to Prepare
- Alternative Strategies and Short-Term Workarounds
- Planning for the Future
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants, tax professionals, trust officers, and paralegals will also benefit.