Diversity has been a high-profile issue for years in the business world — but much has changed in how we understand it. That’s why we took a fresh look at diversity training to develop Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace. This LIVE, virtual workshop goes beyond standard "check-the-box" training to provide meaningful reflection, self-assessment and practical, real-world exercises designed to genuinely move teams forward.
Register for this engaging, highly interactive, instructor-led course and learn why overcoming the barriers to diversity and developing new habits of inclusivity can benefit you, your team and your entire organization.
Session 1: Defining Diversity and Inclusion
- Discuss the attributes, traits and unique characteristics that make up diverse groups
- Examine your personal traits and attributes and understand how they contribute in a team setting
- Explain the value diversity can play in an organization
- Learn how to recognize and identify the qualities of truly inclusive workplace cultures
- What does it mean to take an inclusive perspective and how can you build an inclusive perspective with your team?
Session 2: The Value of Inclusion
- Identify what inclusion means, distinguishing between inclusion and diversity
- Understand the moral case for inclusion and how it relates to the Golden Rule
- Explain the logical case for inclusion and organizational barriers still exist
- Describe the costs and benefits associated with inclusive and exclusive thinking in the workplace
Session 3: A Holistic Approach to Diversity
- Discuss what it means to take a holistic approach to diversity
- Describe ways your organization can achieve the benefits of an inclusive work environment
- Learn how to handle obstacles and overcome barriers to diversity in the workplace
- Discover what practices you can incorporate to better align your values with the principles of diversity and inclusion