Planning with Retirement Assets and Other Beneficiary Accounts
Planning with retirement and survivor benefits has undergone some significant changes in the past year. Do you have all the latest knowledge to minimize tax and ensure a smooth transition? Learn how to manage the effect of retirement assets on long term care planning, plan the timing of Social Security benefit claiming and maximize creditor protection of beneficiary accounts. Register today!
- Get an update on rollover and RMD rules after the SECURE Act.
- Manage the effect of QDROs on retirement planning.
- Avoid common beneficiary designation problems.
- Explore planning options open to inherited IRAs to guard against creditors and manage tax.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Beneficiary Designations: Top Mistakes
10:00 - 10:30, Louis A. Silverman
- Social Security Retirement Benefit Claiming
10:30 - 11:00, Jane M. Fearn-Zimmer
- IRA Planning After the SECURE Act
11:15 - 12:00, Louis A. Silverman
- Rollover Issues and Tax Consequences
12:00 - 12:45, Jane M. Fearn-Zimmer
- Dealing with Custodians
- One-a-Year Limitation, Triggers, and Exceptions
- Charitable Rollover
- The Effects of Retirement Assets on Long-Term Care Planning
12:45 - 1:15, Jane M. Fearn-Zimmer
- Creditor Protections of Retirement and Survivor Benefits
1:45 - 2:30, James W. Spencer
- The Effect of QDROs and Divorce on Retirement Assets
2:30 - 3:00, James W. Spencer
- Post-Death Planning, Distributions, Tax Issues
3:15 - 4:00, Louis A. Silverman
- Claiming Survivor Benefits in Probate
- Inherited IRAs: Tax, RMDs and Creditor Protections
- Legal Ethics in Estate Planning
4:00 - 5:00, Louis A. Silverman
- Who is Your Client?
- Attorney Fees and Engagement Agreements
- Protecting Confidentiality
- UPL Risks and Prevention
- Multi-Jurisdictional Practice of Law
- Fiduciary Duty to the Client in the Context of Estate Planning
- Practical Scenarios - What Would You Do?
This legal guide is designed for attorneys. Accountants, fiduciaries, tax professionals and paralegals will also benefit.