To demonstrate how to build GUI applications using the Swing APILearning Objectives
- Overview of Swing and Java Foundation Classes - associate the components of the Swing architecture with their corresponding functionality and identify the guidelines associated with using Swing components.
- Swing components and containers - specify the code that enables you to create and use containers required for a Swing application in a given scenario.
- Introduction to Swing Components - specify the code to create labels, text, buttons, and a menu for a given application.
- Using Swing layout managers - specify the code involved in using Swing's layout manager classes to display and arrange components in an application.
- Handling events in Swing - implement an event handler for a specific event in a given scenario.
- Painting Swing components - identify the guidelines associated with painting in Swing and AWT.
Programmers with an understanding of procedural programming concepts who want to learn Java and object-oriented programming; programmers proficient in another object-oriented programming language who want to move to Java; programmers experienced in the Java language who want to make the upgrade to Java SE 6.