Topic-specific tanker training focuses on safe driving techniques and vehicle inspections.
Created for companies with tanker operations, these training programs are a quick, low-cost way to cover the basics of proper vehicle inspections and safe driving techniques.
In addition to a video, each Tanker Training program includes an instructor's bulletin and 10 driver skill cards.
Tanker Vehicle Inspectionsfeatures a 22-minute video that shows drivers:
- How to check for a variety of vehicle defects and deficiencies
- The importance of inspections en route, at each stop, and after every trip
- Requirements for completing DVIRs
Tanker Driving Techniques includes a 20-minute video that reviews:
- Common types of tankers and the three basic rules of physics to help drivers understand why cargo "sloshes and surges"
- Tips and techniques for minimizing cargo movement
- How basic driving techniques like hazard perception and defensive driving can help drivers avoid incidents and injuries