Are you ready to take the first step in your career as a tax professional?
This California Comprehensive Income Tax Course will enable you to prepare individual tax returns for the general public, including individual taxpayers who operate sole-proprietor businesses. At the completion of the course, you will be able to complete most individual non-business and small business (self-employed/Schedule C) tax returns and research tax issues. This course will provide the educational foundation necessary to successfully pass the IRS Competency Exam (Wage and Non-business Income Form 1040 Examination).
Accessible online in the comfort of your own home office, this Course covers the following tax topics:
- Electronic Filing
- W-2 & 1099 Forms
- Form 1040 (1040 EZ/A)
- Interview Techniques
- Filing Requirements
- Filing Status
- Exemptions & Dependents
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Due Diligence
- Child Care & Tax Credits
- Interest & Dividends
- Other Income
- Adjustments to Income
- Moving Expenses
- Itemized Deductions
- Employee Business Expenses
- Sale of Real Estate
- Depreciation: MACRS & ACRS
- Rental Property
- Capital Gains & Losses
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Education Expenses & Plans
- IRAs & Retirements Plans
- Kiddie Tax
- Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997
- Tax Saving Ideas
This Course includes the following materials and resources:
- California Comprehensive Income Tax Course Manual, by The Income Tax School
- Federal income tax reference material
- Certificate of Achievement upon completion
- Hands-on tax training from veteran tax preparers
- 15-20 hour state supplement
- 6 months to complete the course
The course also includes a piece for California to meet the requirement for the state, which satisfies qualifying education and continuing education requirements for CTEC
- Differences Between Federal and California Tax Laws
- Military Income
- Resident Issues
- Nonresident & Part-year Resident Issues
- California State Disability Insurance (CASDI)
- Covenant Not to Compete
- Community Property
Upon ordering, you will receive an email that provides you log-in instructions and access to the course, and your Manual will be shipped to you.
There are no entrance requirements or educational prerequisites to enroll, so order today!
Note: This course includes Part I and II of our Comprehensive Course and totals 20 Chapters (3 Hours per Chapter)each course. It may be taken independently for professional development or in conjunction with other courses to earn the CTP designation. Click on this hyperlink for a full description of the designation.
Updated for the 2011 Tax Law.