To enable the learner to work with reference types and threads in JavaLearning Objectives
- Converting reference types in Java - identify valid reference type conversions between classes, interfaces, and arrays.
- Casting between Java reference types - identify valid casting operations between classes, interfaces, and arrays for a given scenario.
- Cloning and comparing Java objects - use the methods of the Object class and Comparable interface to clone and compare Java objects for a given scenario.
- Working with Java reference types - clone, compare, and cast Java reference types.
- Introduction to Java multithreading - use the Thread class and Runnable interface to create a multithreaded application for a given scenario.
- Java thread states and priorities - specify the code involved in changing a thread's state and priority.
- Synchronizing Java threads - synchronize thread access to code in a multithreaded application for a given scenario.
- Creating a multithreaded Java program - create a multithreaded program in a given scenario.
Programmers with an understanding of procedural programming concepts who want to learn Java and object-oriented programming; programmers proficient in another object-oriented programming language who want to move to Java; programmers experienced in the Java language who want to take the Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition 5.0 exam