To enable the learner to use Java's I/O facilities to read and write data, and format input or outputLearning Objectives
- The java.io package - use the classes of the java.io package to access files, and read and write data for a given scenario.
- The java.nio package - use the classes of the java.nio package to modify buffers, retrieve a channel, and transfer data between channels.
- Reading and copying files in Java - write code to read and copy files in Java.
- The Scanner class - use a scanner to retrieve input from a specific source.
- Formatting output - use the printf method and the Formatter class to format output for a given scenario.
- Handling complex I/O - format specific output, and use the Scanner class to retrieve input.