To enable the learner to implement inheritance and polymorphism in Java and to work with Java's static and final modifiersLearning Objectives
- Inheritance and polymorphism in Java - identify how inheritance and polymorphism are implemented in Java.
- Implementing inheritance in Java - specify the code required to create a subclass for a given scenario.
- Extending a Java class - create a suitable inheritance class structure for a given scenario, and extend a superclass.
- Abstract classes and interfaces in Java - specify the code required to create abstract classes and methods for a given scenario, and recognize the code required to create a class that implements an interface.
- Instance and class members in Java - declare, access, and initialize Java instance and class members for a given scenario.
- The final modifier in Java - use the final modifier to declare variables, methods, and classes for a given scenario.
- Using static and final modifiers in Java - declare and initialize Java variables, and declare and call Java methods in an enterprise scenario.
- Garbage collection and finalization in Java - identify how garbage collection is implemented in Java, and recognize the function of the finalize method.
- Java inner classes - declare and instantiate Java's inner classes for a given scenario.
Programmers with an understanding of procedural programming concepts who want to learn Java and object-oriented programming; programmers proficient in another object-oriented programming language who want to move to Java; programmers experienced in the Java language who want to make the upgrade to Java SE 6.