To enable the learner to use Java's I/O facilities to read and write data, and format input or outputLearning Objectives
- The java.io package - use the classes of the java.io package to access files and read and write data in a given scenario, and recognize how a Console class works.
- The java.nio package - use the classes of the java.nio package to modify buffers, get information about disk usage, retrieve a channel, and transfer data between channels.
- The Scanner class - use a scanner to retrieve input from a specific source.
- Formatting output - use the printf method and the Formatter class to format output for a given scenario.
- Serialization - recognize what serialization enables you to do, write objects to a file, and read objects from a file.
Programmers with an understanding of procedural programming concepts who want to learn Java and object-oriented programming; programmers proficient in another object-oriented programming language who want to move to Java; programmers experienced in the Java language who want to make the upgrade to Java SE 6.