Underwriting is an extremely important part of originating mortgages, and a good underwriter can save (and make) lots of money for their employer.
With this course, you'll learn how to become a successful mortgage loan underwriter! Course Outline
Dates & Times
- How underwriters think and what they look for in a loan file
- What makes a properly stacked loan file
- How to recognize and then neutralize underwriting red flags
- How to correctly calculate income, taxes and insurance
- What to accept and what to ignore on a credit report
- How to validate appraisal reports to help eliminate costly desk and/or field reviews
- How to understand the basics of title and escrow
- How to clear issues found, so you can expedite loan approvals
- How to issue conditions, approvals and denials
This six-hour class is held on the dates and times as posted herein.Cancellation Policy
A written notice MUST be given at least 30 BUSINESS DAYS prior to the ORIGINAL class start date to receive a refund (MINUS a $75 cancellation fee PER class). However, if you have registered for a class that starts sooner than 30 days, then NO refund will be given. Also, NO refunds will be provided for classes purchased as part of a special offer, bundled package or group discount rate. In addition, NO refunds will be provided once a class has started, so if you cannot attend for any reason, we will simply reschedule you for a later date. Note: if you're not able to meet our system requirements (computer & internet connection), we suggest re-taking the class on a different computer because we will NOT issue a refund.