All HOTT courses are available face-to-face, remote-live, on-demand or on site at your facility. This course provides students with hands on experience using Visual Studio to create dynamic Web sites with ASP.NET Web Forms and the .NET Framework using C#. The class provides a thorough introduction to the C# programming language, including coverage of the essentials of the C# programming language, built in data types, operators, control structures, classes and methods, collections and exception handling.
Students then learn how to leverage the power of the .NET Framework to build Web user interfaces. Students will learn use the power of ASP.NET Web server controls combined with HTML5 to design Web pages. They will use ASP.NET Validation controls to provide both client-side and server-side data validation for user input. Students will learn how to use master pages to enforce a consistent look and feel across a set of Web pages, as well as how to use user controls to reuse smaller pieces of HTML across multiple pages.
Students explore the complexities of state management in ASP.NET Web Forms and how to use session and view state objects to manage state between HTTP requests.
Students spend time exploring how to use ADO.NET to interact with databases by running SQL queries and executing stored procedures. They will also learn how to read/write XML files using DataSets and DataTables. Students learn how ASP.NET Web Forms data binding to easily display data in list controls, the GridView control and the DetailsView control.
Microsoft provides support for Ajax-enabled Web Forms applications using the ASP.NET AJAX Framework. Students will learn how to use some of the server-side features to make asynchronous postbacks from the browser, perform partial page updates using the UpdatePanel, use CSS to dim a page during postback and use the Timer fetch data from the server asynchronously.
Other topics include: using a Web.config file to control application configuration; working with the query string; working with cookies; reading and writing files; and deploying ASP.NET web applications. Comprehensive labs provide the students with extensive experience creating and deploying dynamic ASP.NET Web Form applications.
This course provides thorough coverage of the use of Web Forms for web sites. Students requiring additional coverage of ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Windows Forms or Windows Presentation Foundation should contact HOTT or refer to HOTT's complete course listing for additional training courses.
Students who are already familiar with C# language syntax may want to take the 3-day ASP.NET Web Forms Programming for Experienced C# Programmers course instead.
Students Will Learn:
- Using Visual Studio to create C# applications
- Working with .NET data types
- Creating variables with the proper scope and using operators to build complex expressions
- Designing and using classes
- Using control structures such as if, while and for
- Using procedures to build complex applications
- Throwing and trapping exceptions using the try and catch statements
- Using single and multi-dimensional arrays
- Working with .NET collections
- Using LINQ to make queries
- Defining and implementing interfaces
- Working with enumerations
- Creating ASP.NET Web Form applications
- Working with CSS in Web Forms
- Using Web server controls to interact with users and display data
- Creating event handlers to respond to control events
- Validating input using ASP.NET validation controls
- Reusing design with master pages and user controls
- Managing state in a Web Forms application
- Using ADO.NET to interact with databases
- Using DataSets to read/write XML data
- Using Data Binding to display complex data on Web Pages
- Using ASP.NET AJAX in Web Forms applications
- Deploying an ASP.NET Web application
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- After completion of a course, students can retake any portion of that class within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
Knowledge of fundamental HTML syntax is helpful, but not required. Prior experience with a scripting or programming language is required.