To introduce the WebSphere Application Server architecture and give an overview of its components, topology, and general infrastructure
- WebSphere Application Server 5.0 architecture - identify which features and components of WebSphere provide functionality within a given network infrastructure.
- Determining WebSphere 5.0 application components - identify the application components within the WebSphere environment.
- Evaluating the WebSphere 5.0 architecture - evaluate the WebSphere architecture in a given scenario.
- Determining the WebSphere platform infrastructure - identify the functions of components and the topology selection criteria within a WebSphere Application Server network environment.
- WebSphere terminology and topology considerations - identify the considerations for selecting a topology and match key terms to descriptions.
- Integrating the WebSphere platform topology - select the topology that best addresses the specific needs of a given network scenario.
- Integrating the WebSphere infrastructure - select a topology for a network deployment of WebSphere Application Server.
Those wishing to qualify as an IBM Certified System Administrator for WebSphere Application Server 5.0; this Certified System Administrator is expected to perform the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere runtime environment, including product installation, configuration, and deployment of J2EE applications, connecting to back-end resources, and basic troubleshooting