To describe protocols and authentication methods used to maintain network security, and commonly used network security devices and tools.
- Threats to network security - identify common security risks for network computers.
- Internet security protocols - identify the characteristics of common Internet security protocols.
- Wireless security protocols - identfiy the characteristics of wireless security protocols.
- Authentication methods - recognize the key characteristics and functionality of common authentication protocols.
- Identifying security protocols - determine the appropriate security or authentication protocol to use in a given scenario.
- Firewalls and proxy servers - identify the characteristics and components of firewalls and proxy servers.
- Antivirus solutions - recognize the features and functionality of antivirus programs.
- Data encryption techniques - distinguish between different encryption and decryption techniques.
- Implementing network security - recognize tools and techniques for protecting network data.
Network engineers, network architects, internetworking engineers, LAN and WAN administrators, systems administrators, systems managers, intranet administrators. Network support staff and anybody interested in learning the fundamentals of computer networks.