To use the .NET Framework to manage XML data
- Working with XML using the .NET Framework - identify the services offered by the System.Xml namespace classes.
- Reading and writing XML data from VB.NET - read and write XML data for a given scenario using XMLReader and XMLWriter classes.
- Using XML data in VB.NET - read and write XML data using VB.NET.
- Working with the DOM tree - use VB.NET to access and manipulate XML data with the DOM tree.
- Validating XML documents from VB.NET - describe how to validate XML data from VB.NET.
- Applying XPath queries in VB.NET - explain how XPath queries can be implemented from VB.NET.
- Transforming XML data with VB.NET - transform XML data in a given scenario using VB.NET.
- Transforming and querying XML data from VB.NET - transform and query XML data using VB.NET.
- Using XML with SQL Server and VB.NET - describe how to write SQL statements to retrieve XML data, and to outline the main features of XML support in SQL Server.
All Microsoft VB.NET developers wanting to write enterprise applications with serviced components, Windows Services, or .NET Remoting, or studying for the 70-310 exam Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework