The Certificate In Employee Benefits Law Seminar is designed to to be the most comprehensive and practical seminar available in its field.
The 4½ day seminar covers employee benefits issues that arise in the design and administration of employee benefit plans, the management of their assets, controversies between plan sponsors, trustees, participants, and the numerous government agencies that regulate these plans. Learning Objectives
The goal of this seminar is to improve the participant's ability to identify and limit risks to their organization in dealing with employee benefit plans and to provide "best practices" insights for ERISA compliance, Executive Compensation, M&A, Retirement Plan, and Welfare Benefit Plan Issues, and includes:
Who Should Attend
- A comprehensive understanding of the requirements of federal and state laws and regulations relating to the administration of employee benefit plans and the management of their assets and how they affect plan sponsors, plan fiduciaries and plan service providers.
- The basic skills to administer employee benefit plans and manage their assets pursuant to the current requirements of the law; to recognize and avoid problem areas and to cope with regulatory requirements; to respond appropriately to compliance complaints; and to minimize the possibility of expensive and time-consuming litigation.
- Information regarding current regulatory, litigation and legislative developments and trends in the employee benefits field which will enable participants to make important contributions to the administration and management of employee benefit plans performed by their organizations, and to anticipate and cope with the ever-emerging regulatory and enforcement developments in these critical areas.
Representatives from plan sponsors, organizations which serve as plan fiduciaries, and entities which provide services to employee benefit plans will all profit from attending.Benefits
By participating in this seminar you will:
- Learn the practical application and "best practices" in this complex field
- Improve your on-the-job skills immediately
- Increase your confidence in dealing with the complex area of employee benefits
- Reduce your organization's exposure to expensive and time-consuming litigation
- Update your information and knowledge in a rapidly changing field of law
- Have all your employee benefits law questions answered by highly experienced attorneys
- Increase your value to your organization
- Meet and exchange ideas with colleagues in a stimulating environment
- Earn an important credential
By attending, you receive specially-prepared reference materials that serve as valuable on-the-job desktop reference materials. Faculty
: A faculty of leading employee benefits attorneys teach these classes; from law firms such as Alston & Bird, Palmer Kazanjian Wohl Hodson and the Cicotte Law Firm.Class Hours
Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm. Friday 8:00am-12:00pm.Continuing Education Credits
How You Receive Your Certificate
- This conference has been approved for 29.75 (General) re-certification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI)
- The American Payroll Association has approved this 4½ day seminar for 29 FPC and CPP recertification credits
- WorldatWork Society of Certified Professionals has approved this 4½ day seminar for CCP, CBP, GRP and WLCP re-certification credits
- The California Department of Insurance has approved this 4½ day seminar for 29 credit hours.
- Continuing Legal Education in the states listed below.
The Certificate in Employee Benefits Law is awarded after a participant attends the full 4½ day seminar. No examinations are given. These handsome certificates are mailed two to four weeks after the end of each program.