Deadlines, administrative fees, costly penalties and fines- child support garnishments can be tricky because not only are there federal and state laws to comply with, there are also specific child support requirements you need to address
Are you sure you’re handling child support garnishments correctly? What if...
- There is more than one withholding order, which order has priority?
- There is not enough money to comply with the order?
- You don't know when medical support come in?
- You don't know what to do with the arrears?
Learn how to effectively manage child support garnishments, comply with federal and state requirements, and cut processing time and costs in this interactive audio conference.Audio-conference Learning Objectives
Featured Faculty:Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, Certified Payroll Manager, President and Academic Director, Vicki M. Lambert, LLC
- How to define child support garnishments
- The federal requirements a payroll department must know for child support
- How state requirements affect child support
- Specific requirements for child support, including deduction limits, deadlines, filing procedures, administrative fees, and penalties/fines for violations
- How to handle terminated employees in regard to child support
- Best practices for communicating with employees and issuing parties
- Which garnishment to take when an employee has current support orders, medical support orders, and arrearages
- Examples of how to calculate the withholding and prioritize the order of distribution when an employee has more than one type of garnishment
- Best practices for processing child support garnishments in the payroll department
- Review the OCSE withholding notice
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, Certified Payroll Manager is President and Academic Director of Vicki M. Lambert, LLC a firm specializing in payroll education and training. Ms. Lambert has a Bachelor’s degree, Magna Cum Laude in Business Administration and is a Certified Payroll Professional with over 30 years of multi-state payroll experience.
Ms. Lambert has lectured extensively throughout the United States on payroll administration and compliance issues for clients that include ADP, CCH Incorporated, Ceridian Employer Services, Fox Studios, County of Riverside, Sun Microsystems and others. She has authored, co-authored or edited numerous payroll publications and newsletters.