Younger generations have very different definitions of what leadership is and how they want to be managed. This is a critical roadblock for many organizations who struggle to find and keep young leaders.
Yet, leadership development is one of the most critical moves an organization needs to make. With young professionals aged 35 and younger spending an average of only 20 months on a job, our workplaces are suffering from the high costs of turnover. Furthermore, in 2012, Generations X and Y will represent the majority of the workforce in America. In fact, Generation Y - people born after 1981 - will represent more than 50% of the workforce!
Does your organization have what it takes to keep the next generation of employees and develop them into successful leaders? In this informative audio conference, you will learn how to effectively motivate young leaders to lead your company to success. Learning Objectives
By attending this 90-minute audio conference, you will learn how to:
About Your Speaker
- Create a meaningful value proposition and workforce environment that is inclusive to Generations X and Y
- Motivate and engage young employees to positively impact organizational performance
- Identify and implement the management tools (career pathing, job fitting, mentoring, onboarding, etc.) critical to your organization’s success
- Measure the ROI of your talent development strategies
- Rethink the organizational chart to provide opportunities for career advancement and increase employee engagement, leadership development, and retention
Sarah L. Sladek is the President and CEO of Limelight Generations, one of the only generational companies in the United States focused on recruiting, retaining, managing, and marketing to generations X, Y, and Z.
Sarah sits on the national board of directors for the National Association of Women Business Owners, and is the author of two ground-breaking books on the generational topic. Her expertise has been featured in national media, including Fast Company and National Public Radio, and she authors many articles and a blog on the generational topic.
She is also the founder of XYZ University, the first online learning community devoted to educating organizations on how to engage younger generations, and the RockStars@Work Conference, the nation’s first generation-themed business conference addressing the demographic shift and approaching talent gap. PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute.