It is estimated that 20% - 30% of all US homeowners are in a negative equity situation. In some markets, over 50% of homeowners have mortgages that exceed the value of their homes. What can be done for these clients? What are their options? What is the role of the Realtor, mortgage originator, and financial advisor? How can you differentiate yourself and grow your business by helping clients and referral partners uncover the mystery behind negative equity?
This session will equip you with unique strategies to add value to referral partners, and provide clients and prospects with “insider information” about loan modifications, short sales, potential refinancing opportunities, and other solutions to negative equity. Learning Objectives
Who Should Attend?
- Understanding the true impact of short sales and foreclosures on your credit rating
- Key factors that lenders will consider when approving a loan modification or short sale
- Understanding and navigating the various government interventions and programs
- Beyond short sales and loan modifications: other strategies for borrowers to consider
- Understanding the role of sale/leasebacks and rent-to-own strategies
- Structuring inter-family gifts and loans to reduce negative equity
- Life after foreclosure
- Win more listings through unique market knowledge
- Differentiate yourself by helping buyers and sellers better evaluate their options
- Help buyers navigate the distressed property market and know which deals to avoid
- Maximize your chances of success when dealing with short sale listings
- Generate more referral business from your clients, prospects, mortgage originators, CPAs and financial professionals
- Close more business through unique strategies and market knowledge
- Differentiate yourself by helping homeowners and buyers better evaluate their options
- Help homeowners stay in their homes and be a hero to your clients
- Convert rate shoppers and increase closing ratios by adding unique value and blowing away your competition through innovative strategies
- Generate more referral business from your clients, prospects, Realtors, CPAs and financial professionals
CPAs and Financial Advisors:
About Your Presenter
- 81% of investors surveyed said they wanted advice from their financial advisors on more than just investments! This is your opportunity to enhance your client relationships through unique knowledge, advice and insights about the housing markets and home ownership.
- Earn more referral business from your clients, prospects, Realtors and mortgage originators
Gibran Nicholas is the founder and Chairman of the Certified Mortgage Planning Institute, which provides advanced training and education for mortgage professionals.
Gibran is a frequent speaker and trainer for many mortgage companies and Associations, as well as a frequent contributor to trade publications.