In this cybersecurity course, you will gain a global perspective of the challenges of designing a secure system, touching on all the cyber roles needed to provide a cohesive security solution. Through lecture, labs, and breakout discussion groups, you will learn about current threat trends across the Internet and their impact on organizational security. You will review standard cybersecurity terminology and compliance requirements, examine sample exploits, and gain hands-on experience mitigating controls. In a contained lab environment, you will work with live viruses, including botnets, worms, and Trojans.
I just took the Cybersecurity Foundations course through a virtual offering and it was fantastic. The instructor Brett Hanson was wonderful and really made the course super interesting, engaging, and personable. Even as someone who entered the course with a pretty well-rounded understanding of many of the topics covered, he still made the course worth while and a valuable investment of my time. He catered to students of all skill-levels which is not an easy thing to do! The week flew by I honestly forgot I was in class most of the time because the discussions were so interesting and consistent. This was my first time taking a Global Knowledge course and I was very impressed with the overall experience as well as the feasibility of navigating through the online learning platform and being able to easily access the virtual classroom environment. 5 stars for sure I highly recommend! I can't wait to take more courses if presented the opportunity.
Learn more about this topic. View the recorded webinar Remote Business – 5 Ms to Success.
Learn more about this topic. View the recorded webinar Trends in Cybersecurity.
- Increase your awareness of security
- Interpret/analyze tool output for network mapping/footprinting
- Reduce attack surface of systems
- Review networking as it applies to security controls
- Explore different data protection principles
- Examine the role of PKI/certificates in building trusted relationships between devices in a network
- Implement login security and other identity management solutions
- Reduce attack surface of network devices
- Explore current malware threats and anti-malware solutions
- Explore social engineering threats, methods, and techniques
- Examine software vulnerabilities and security solutions for reducing the risk of exploitation
- Explain monitoring capabilities and requirements and how those may raise privacy concerns
- Identify physical security controls and the relationship between physical and IT security
- Explain incident response capabilities
- Identify legal considerations and investigative techniques when it comes to cybersecurity
- Research trends in cybersecurity
- Network professionals looking to advance their knowledge and explore cybersecurity as a career path
- Executives and managers looking to increase their ability to communicate with security professionals and implement a robust security solution at the organizational level
- Individuals wants to improve their understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals, including threats, mitigating controls, and organizational responsibilities