Learn Project Management using the context of the PMI Process Groups - Study exam topics through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas.
We Know You Have Experience:
The Project Management Boot Camp - PMP Prep course is constructed to help project managers master the material needed to obtain the PMP credential. It was designed with the recognition that because of the specific requirements of your organizations, practicing project managers (PMs) often have great expertise in some areas but would greatly benefit from the review of the entire project management field.
The Project Management Boot Camp - PMP Prep course is divided logically into two parts - the first, to reinforce the PMs understanding of project management while at the same time introduction the PMI project management philosophy; and the second, to drill into you the specific topical knowledge needed to pass the PMP examination.
Using Your Experience:
The first part leads you through the Project Management Life Cycle using the context of the PMI Process Groups. It teaches project management the way it is practiced, from start to finish. This methodology builds on the student's existing knowledge base to enable you to adopt the precise language and standardized terminology of PMI and build real-world project management skills.
Preparing for the Exam:
The second part of the course looks at the specific skills of project management through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas. Special importance is given to those concepts, which historically have been emphasized by PMI, including memorization of guides and diagrams. Intense question review and focused memorization will be an integral part of this section.
Putting it all Together:
The Project Management Boot Camp - PMP Prep course is an intensive 4-day course. You need to come prepared to put in a full day, with study assignments in the evenings. Frequent practice exams, reviews and written exercises will enable you to master the test-taking skills needed for the PMP examination.
Passing the PMP Exam
ASPE's PMP preparation methodology significantly increases your chances of passing the PMP certification. We offer you the following guarantee; If you take the PMP exam within four weeks after your class and do not pass it, ASPE will provide you a second Examination voucher free of charge. If you do not pass on your second try, ASPE will allow you to re-sit any PMP Bootcamp session within one year.
- You must fax in your PMP exam score to 919-816-1710 to get your free voucher
- You must use your initial class materials when retaking the course
- You must fax in your second PMP exam score take advantage of the audit
In-Class Practice Exams and Exercises
In-class practice exams help you learn not only the project management knowledge, but also the nature of the Project Management Professional exam, the types of questions asked, and the form the questions take. Through practice exercises you will gain valuable information, learn how to rapidly recall important facts, and generally increase your test-taking skills. Specifically, you will:
- Learn the subject matter of the PMP examination
- Memorize the important test information that has a high probability of being on your examination
- Develop time management skills necessary to complete the PMP exam within the allotted time
- Leverage your existing Project Management Skills
- Extrapolate from your real world experiences to the PMP examination subject matter
- Learn to identify pertinent question information to quickly answer examination problems
20 Benefits of Participating in ASPE Tech's Project Management Boot Camp - PMP Prep
- Understand how to use Earned Value Analysis to keep a project on-budget and on-time.
- Clearly define the scope of a project and effectively manage it throughout the project's life.
- Learn the elements of a clear, concise project plan.
- Minimize the risk of a project through proper risk management and risk response planning.
- Learn the fundamentals of stakeholder analysis and how to manage stakeholder expectation.
- Effectively communicate with project stakeholders at all levels.
- Learn the five process groups that form the basis of the project management life cycle.
- Understand the nine knowledge areas and how they apply to each of the process groups.
- See how to properly fill out the Project Management Professional examination application.
- Satisfy the educational requirement to sit for the PMP examination.
- Understand the PMI terminology that will be used on the PMP examination.
- See how Quality Planning can be used to ensure project success.
- Know the subject matter that will be tested, the depth to which questions will be asked, and the emphasis that will be placed on each topic.
- Understand how Present Value and Internal Rate of Return (IRR) are calculated and used as part of a Project Charter
- Learn how to construct a dependency network.
- Produce task time estimates that utilize best-practice and are consistently reliable.
- Memorize key terms, equations, and graphs for the PMP examination.
- Effectively translate previous project management experience to the PMI standards.
- Understand how to determine and measure a project’s Critical Path.
- Develop a study plan to pass the PMP examination on the first try.