In this online course, you will gain the necessary binary analysis skills to discover the true nature of any Windows binary.
You will learn how to recognize the high level language constructs (such as branching statements, looping functions and network socket code) critical to performing a thorough and professional reverse engineering analysis of a binary.Course Lessons
After learning these important introductory skills, you will advance to the analysis of:
- Hostile Code & Malware, including: Worms, Viruses, Trojans, Rootkits and Bots.
- Vulnerabilities in Binaries, including: Format string vulnerabilities, buffer overflow conditions, and the identification of flawed cryptographic schemes
- Binary obfuscation schemes, used by: Hackers, Trojan writers and copy protection algorithms
We will train you on the standard reverse engineering programs IDA Pro and Ollydbg. You will also learn how to use various hex editors, binary analysis programs, and code coverage analyzers.
Our Reverse Engineering Online includes a shipment of software that is loaded onto your computer, which allows you to complete over 30 hours of hands-on lab exercises!
Not only do you get high quality instruction from an expert instructor, you also perform hands-on lab exercises that allow for real knowledge transfer. Course Benefits
Some of the benefits of Reverse Engineering Online are:
- Attend the exact same course as the Instructor-Led Reverse Engineering in an online format.
- Interact with over 38 online modules, taught by an expert instructor.
- We ship you a DVD with hundreds of tools and scripts that you use to perform over 31 hands-on lab exercises. These are the same lab exercises as the instructor-led class.
- Get online guidance while you perform the lab exercises, the labs have been recorded from start to finish.
- Prepare yourself for the CREA certification from home or work. When you purchase Reverse Engineering Online, you automatically get an exam voucher for the CREA certification.
You will learn:
- Understanding conditional branching statements
- Virtual machines and bytecode
- System vs. Code Level reversing
- Identifying variables
- Compilers and branch prediction
- Memory management
- Win32 executable formats and image sections
- Fundamentals of IDA Pro
- Advanced uses of IDA Pro with hostile code
- Using Ollydbg for runtime analysis of malware
- Kernel mode debugging with SoftICE
- Dumping executables from memory with Dumpbin
- Locating undocumented APIs
- Reversing ntdll.dll
- Obfuscation of file formats
- Understanding hashing functions
- Working with encrypted binaries
- Reversing UPX and other compression types
- Discovering stack overflows
- Discovering heap overflows
- Creating a sandbox to isolate malware
- Unpacking malware
- Monitoring registry changes
- Identifying malware communication channels
- Understanding Digital Rights Management (DRM) implementations
- Thwarting anti-debugger code
- Debugging multi-threaded programs
- Recursive traversal dissasemblers
- Reversing .NET bytecode
- CREA Review
- Legal issues and the DMCA
You will benefit from the following:
- Gain the in-demand career skills of a reverse engineer. Very few information security professionals, incident response analysts and vulnerability researchers have the ability to reverse binaries efficiently. You will undoubtedly be at the top of your professional field.
- Learn the methodologies, tools, and manual reversing techniques used real world situations in our reversing lab.
- Move beyond automated "input and output" testing of binaries, commonly used by fuzzers and other analysis tools.
- More than interesting theories and lecture, get your hands dirty in our dedicated reversing lab in this security training course.
- 50 hours of online Reverse Engineering instruction from a senior instructor with real-world experience and deep knowledge of course content.
- InfoSec Institute's Custom Reversing Tools Enterprise Suite, includes every program covered in the course for at home study.
- Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (CREA) exam fees.
- Lecture, Lab Exercise and Text book
- Firm understanding of the Windows Operating System
- Firm understanding of computer architecture concepts
- Grasp of the TCP/IP protocols