This hands-on computer forensics training offers practical experience in a wide array of computer forensics situations that are applicable to the real world.
Learn everything relating to computer forensics, from how to establish a proper chain of custody that is admissible in a court of law to recovering files from intentionally damaged media.Course Topics
You will learn the following concepts in this course:
- See the dark side of how computer crimes are committed.
- Learn how to find traces of illegal or illicit activities left on disk with computer forensics tools and manual techniques.
- Learn how to recover data intentionally hidden or encrypted by perpetrators.
This Computer Forensics training course prepares you for up to 3 industry recognized computer forensics certifications. As a vendor neutral training provider, we have recognized that many students require more than one computer forensics certification.
During the training class, you will be prepared to take:
- IACRB's Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE) Certification
- EC-Council's Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) Certification
- ISFCE's Certified Computer Examiner (CCE) Certification
You will learn:
- Computer Forensics Training with open source tools
- Overview of Computer Crime
- Preparing sterile examination media
- Acquisition, collection and seizure of magnetic media.
- Recovering deleted data from a cell phone
- Digital Camera Computer Forensics
- PDA Computer Forensics
- Documenting a "Chain of Custody"
- Understanding Microsoft Windows from a forensics point of view
- Working with NTFS
- Combing Partition table and boot record
- Investigating The Master File Table (MFT)
- Linux/Unix computer forensics
- Investigating data streams
- File storage dates and times
- File deletion/recovery
- Recovering Internet Usage Data
- Recovering: Swap Files/Temporary Files/Cache Files
- Preservation and safe handling of original media
- Making bitstream copies of original media
- Common data hiding techniques
- Examining CD-ROM media
- Carving out files "hidden" in unallocated disk space
- Word document forensics and password cracking
- Issues when presenting data in court
- The marking, storage and transmittal of evidence.
- Use tools such as Encase Forensic Edition, X-Ways Forensic Addition, Forensic TookKit (FTK), Linux dd, etc.
The following will be included in the purchase of this course:
- 5 Days of Expert Security Training Instruction
- CHFI computer forensics certification fees can be included
- Lecture, Lab Exercise and Text book
- InfoSec's Custom Computer Forensics Enterprise Suite, includes every program covered in the course for at home study. Computer Forensics Enterprise Suite available for individual purchase for only $1,499!
- AccessData Forensic ToolKit (FTK) Can Be Included
- A workstation with Windows XP installed (Vista is NOT supported)
- Firm understanding of the Windows Operating System
- Attendees can be anyone involved in the security of information assets: information security officers and managers, network administrators, Windows administrators.
- Desire for computer forensics training
High Speed Internet Connection