To demonstrate how to build applets and place them on web pagesLearning Objectives
- Introducing Java applets - identify the code required to create and initialize an applet for a given scenario.
- Adding an applet to a web page - embed an applet in a web page using the APPLET tag, customize an applet in a web page using the PARAM tag, and convert applet tags using the HTML converter tool.
- The sandbox security model - understand the sandbox security model, its features, and the restrictions it imposes on the operations an applet can perform, as well as what a signed applet is and the role of trust levels.
- Building useful applets - specify the code required to play sound files and display images, documents, and status information in a given applet.
- Advanced applets - specify the code required to support applet persistence, locate applets for communication, and access JApplet panes for a given scenario.
Programmers with an understanding of procedural programming concepts who want to learn Java and object-oriented programming; programmers proficient in another object-oriented programming language who want to move to Java; programmers experienced in the Java language who want to make the upgrade to Java SE 6.