Visual Basic 2008 and ASP.NET 3.5 provide developers with the ability to integrate both data and services into an ASP.NET 3.5 Web application. This course identifies the steps for displaying and modifying data in an ASP.NET Web application, by accessing data using data-bound and data source controls, as well as ADO.NET, and utilizing Windows Communication Foundation services. Specific topics covered include using data-bound and data source controls, data access and data binding, LINQ, and utilizing WCF services in an ASP.NET 3.5 application. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Technology Specialist (TS): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development 70-562. Passing this exam will earn the learner the MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications certification.Learning Objectives
- Identify the capabilities of common data-bound controls in ASP.NET 3.5.
- Identify the capabilities of data source controls in ASP.NET 3.5.
- Recognize the code for using the ListView and DataPager controls to display a collection of data.
- Recognize the benefits and uses of the TreeView control.
- Recognize the steps for performing XML Data Binding in a .NET 3.5 Web Form.
- Recognize the steps for implementing the ObjectDataSource and SqlDataSource data source controls.
- Distinguish the three LINQ types.
- Recognize the steps for creating and configuring a LinqDataSource control.
- Recognize the steps for adding a control and binding it to the LinqDataSource control.
- Create and configure a LinqDataSource control.
- Add a control and bind it to the LinqDataSource control.
- Recognize the basic ADO features of .NET.
- Identify the uses, properties, and methods of the DataSet, DataReader, and DataAdapter classes.
- Recognize the steps for inserting, updating, and deleting data with ADO.NET.
- Recognize the support for web services in ASP.NET.
- Identify the code for calling a Windows Communication Foundation service from a web page.
- Update information from a relational database with ADO.NET.
- Call a WCF service from a web page.
Individuals who wish to use the .NET Framework 3.5 with Visual Studio 2008, Visual Basic 2008, and ASP.NET 3.5 to develop web-based client applications; individuals preparing for the Exam 70-562 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development.