One of the most common mistakes that ineffective sales persons make is trying to sell something to a customer before he or she knows what the customer wants to purchase. This approach often sets up a confrontational tug of war in which the sales rep keeps pushing products and the customer keeps backing away. This is a recipe for disaster; at the very least, it is a prescription for a low closing rate. However, there is a better way.
Our one or two-day Consultative Selling Skills class is your ticket to consistently higher closing rates, higher margins and long-term, very satisfied customers. During this highly interactive, hands on sales training workshop, our experienced professional sales trainers will lead you through a challenging array of concepts and activities to help you quickly gain a clear understanding of your customer’s needs, interests, problems and issues. The skills you will learn during the class will enable you to understand what the customer does – and does not – want to buy, so that you can structure a proposal that will give him what he wants, rather than trying to sell him what you want.
Participants will learn to:
- Take advantage of the importance of a value approach in building a successful customer partnership
- Demonstrate the face-to-face Relationship Selling process
- Sell long-term relationships rather than low bids
- Utilize questioning skills to listen to clients and identify their needs, instead of just pitching products
- Identify and understand different buyer types and behaviors, so the sales process moves along more quickly
- Differentiate your product/service and your company from your competition in today’s highly competitive selling environment
- Employ the top 10 closing techniques, and know when and how to use them
- Offer new opportunities that add value to your client’s business
- Offer creative solutions and options for mutual gain
- Use post-sales measurements to share data with sales management
- Comprehend when and why buyers buy to be able to increase sales