This course is designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the benefits, functions and impact a business analyst has within an organization. The course discusses the business analysis process as it is applied throughout a project.TARGET AUDIENCE:
Designed for individuals new to the business analyst role or those who supervise and/or work with business analysts.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
Understand the role of the business analystDiscuss industry standards/resources for obtaining more information about business analysisAcquire a solid understanding of the various tasks/activities that comprises business analysisRecognize the pre and post project business analysis activitiesLearn how to plan, elicit, analyze, model, and test requirements
LESSON 1 - INTRODUCTION
- What is business analysis?
- Good business analysis practices
- Benefits of business analysis
LESSON 2 - THE ROLE OF THE BUSINESS ANALYST
- The business analysis process
- BA role vs. project manager role
- BA competencies
- The BA career path
LESSON 3 - SUPPORTING THE PROJECT PORTFOLIO
- The project portfolio
- Strategic enterprise analysis
- Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
LESSON 4 - DEVELOPING THE SOLUTION VISION AND SCOPE
- Defining solution vision and scope
- Conducting a outcomes workshop
- Validating solution scope against the expected outcomes
LESSON 5 - UNDERSTANDING REQUIREMENTS AND BUSINESS RULES
- Functional, non-functional and implementation requirements
- Requirements vs. specifications
- Requirements vs. business rules
- Risk management and risk response strategies
LESSON 6 - PLANNING AND ELICITING REQUIREMENTS
- The Requirements Work Plan (RWP)
- Components of the RWP
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Elicitation techniques
- Preparing for change
LESSON 7 - ANALYZING AND DOCUMENTING REQUIREMENTS
- Analyzing requirements
- Characteristics of effective requirements
- The Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- The BRD vs. the technical specifications document
- BRD validation techniques
LESSON 8 - MODELING REQUIREMENTS
- Modeling using BPMN
- AS-IS vs. TO-BE modeling
- Models and the BRD
LESSON 9 - ASSESSING AND VALIDATING REQUIREMENTS
- Validation and verification
- Types of testing
- Creating a master test plan
- Test scenarios and test cases
LESSON 10 - ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
- Useful books and links on Business Analysis
Designed for individuals new to the business analyst role or those who supervise and/or work with business analysts.
Virtual BA01 - Business Analysis Essentials Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.