Learn about ethical dilemmas in business and develop a decision making process for dealing with them.
After completing this course, students will know how to:- Define business ethics, balance personal values and organizational ethics, and follow a process for making good decisions when ethical dilemmas arise.- Identify criteria for whistle blowing, the risks associated with it, and when and how to blow the whistle.- Identify the characteristics of ethical management, handle common human resource issues, and address ethical dilemmas raised by subordinates.- Recognize and prevent unethical behavior, conduct an intervention meeting, and promote ethical behavior in the workplace.- Identify the types of ethical issues that arise in various functional areas, promote and maintain ethical principles, develop a corporate code of ethics, execute an internal audit, and identify and balance corporate social responsibilities.
- Basics of business ethics
- Discussing business ethics
- Balancing personal and organizational ethics
- Identifying common ethical dilemmas
- Making ethical decisions
- Discussing ethical decision-making
- Overcoming barriers in the decision-making process
- Whistle-blowing criteria and risks
- Understanding whistle-blowing
- The whistle-blowing process
- Recognizing when to blow the whistle
- Identifying whistle-blowing guidelines
- Blowing the whistle legally
- Ethical management
- Identifying the characteristics of ethical managers
- Discussing ethical management
- Discussing human resource issues
- Subordinates ethical issues
- Ensuring ethical behavior
- Handling ethical dilemmas brought by subordinates
- Recognizing unethical behavior
- Identifying sources of unethical behavior
- Preventing unethical behavior
- Ending unethical behavior
- Conducting an intervention meeting
- Promoting ethical behavior
- Organizational ethics basics
- Discussing the need for organizational ethics
- Discussing functional area ethics
- Ethical principles
- Discussing ethical principles of organizations
- Upholding ethical principles
- Ethical safeguards
- Developing a corporate code of ethics
- Performing an internal ethical audit
- Corporate social responsibilities
- Identifying types of social responsibilities
- Handling conflicting social responsibilities
Virtual Business Ethics Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.