Students will focus on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologiesTARGET AUDIENCE:
Channel Partner / ResellerCustomerEmployeeCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:- Describe the components of a comprehensive network security policy that can be used to counter threats against IT systems, within the context of a security policy life cycle - Develop and implement security countermeasures that are aimed at protecting network elements as part of the network infrastructure - Deploy and maintain threat control and containment technologies for perimeter security in small and midsize networks - Describe secure connectivity strategies and technologies using VPNs, as well as configure site-to-site and remote-access VPNs using Cisco IOS features Technical Features of the Course- Network security principles- Firewalls, IPSs, router ACLs- Encryption and VPNs- IOS security features and Secure Device Manager- LAN, SAN, Voice, and Endpoint SecurityCertificationCCNA Security (upon completion of required exam IINS 640-554)
Networking Security Fundamentals
- Introducing Networking Security Concepts
- Understanding Security Policies Using a Life-Cycle Approach
- Building a Security Strategy for Borderless Networks
Protecting the Network Infrastructure
- Introducing Cisco Network Foundation Protection
- Protecting the Network Infrastructure Using Cisco Configuration Professional
- Securing the Management Plane on Cisco IOS Devices
- Configuring AAA on Cisco IOS Devices Using Cisco Secure ACS
- Securing the Data Plane on Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Securing the Data Plane in IPv6 Environments
- Lab 2-1: Hardening Network Elements Using Cisco Configuration Professional
- Lab 2-2: Securing Administrative Access to Cisco Routers
- Lab 2-3: Configuring AAA on Cisco Routers and Switches to Use Cisco Secure ACS
- Lab 2-4: Configuring Data Plane Security on Layer 2 Switches
Threat Control and Containment
- Planning a Threat Control Strategy
- Implementing Access Control Lists for Threat Mitigation
- Understanding Firewall Fundamentals
- Implementing Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Configuring Basic Firewall Policies on Cisco ASA Appliances
- Understanding IPS Fundamentals
- Implementing Cisco IOS IPS
- Lab 3-1: Using ACLs to Implement a Threat Containment Strategy
- Lab 3-2: Implementing Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewalls
- Lab 3-3: Implementing Basic Network Connectivity Using Cisco ASDM on the Cisco ASA Appliance
- Lab 3-4: Configuring Cisco IOS IPS
- Understanding the Fundamentals of VPN Technologies
- Introducing Public Key Infrastructure
- Examining IPsec Fundamentals
- Implementing Site-to-Site VPNs on Cisco IOS Routers
- Implementing SSL VPNs Using Cisco ASA Appliances
- Lab 4-1: Configuring Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Lab 4-2: Configuring SSL VPNs on Cisco ASA Appliances Using Cisco ASDM
Channel Partner / ResellerCustomerEmployee
Virtual Cisco® Implementing Cisco® IOS Network Security (IINS) Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.