This course builds on existing professional experience with personal computer hardware support to present the next tier of skills & concepts students will use on the job when administering any type of network server. If your job duties include server trouCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform the duties of a server administrator.
In this course, you will:
Manage server hardware.
Install server hardware and operating systems.
Configure networking hardware and protocols.
Create a virtual server environment.
Perform basic server configuration tasks.
Implement server storage solutions.
Secure the server.
Plan and test disaster recovery.
Troubleshoot server issues.
Managing Server Hardware
- Server Components
- Server Power
- Server Cooling
- Asset Management
Installing a Server
- Prepare an Installation Plan
- Prepare the Server Hardware
- Set Up the Server Hardware
- Install an Operating System
- Manage Network Cabling
- Configure Network Interface Cards
- Implement IP Addressing and Network Infrastructure Services
Creating a Virtual Environment
- Create Virtual Servers
- Create Virtual Switches
Performing Basic Server Configuration
- Configure Local Server Properties
- Configure Server Roles
- Set Up IP Addressing Service Roles
Administering the Server
- Update the Server
- Server Administration Access and Control Methods
- Create Service Level Agreements
- Monitor Server Performance
Implementing Storage Solutions
- Perform Capacity Planning
- Deploy Primary Storage Devices
- Storage Technologies
- Configure RAID
Securing the Server
- Configure Firewalls
- Configure Security Protocols
- Implement Intrusion Detection Systems
- Implement Logical Access Control Methods
- Implement Data Security Methods
- Apply Server Hardening Techniques
- Implement Physical Security
- Create Virtual Networks
Planning and Testing Disaster Recovery
- Implement Environmental Controls
- Manage Documentation for the Server and the Network
- Create A Disaster Recovery Plan
- Perform Backup and Restoration
Troubleshooting Server Issues
- Troubleshoot Theory and Methods
- Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
- Troubleshoot Software Issues
- Troubleshoot Networking Issues
- Troubleshoot Storage Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Issues
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-004.
Virtual CompTIA Server+ Certification Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.