This course is designed to provide you with the skills needed to be a successful project manager in today's rapidly changing world. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the CompTIA® Project+® certification exam.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
In this course, you will apply recognized practices of project management and understand a project’s life cycle, roles, and skills necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close a project.
• Identify the fundamentals of project management.
• Initiate a project.
• Create project plans, stakeholder strategies, and scope statement.
• Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and activity lists.
• Develop project schedule and identify the critical path.
• Plan project costs.
• Create project staffing and quality management plans.
• Create an effective communication plan.
• Create a risk management plan, perform risk analysis, and develop a risk response plan.
• Plan project procurements.
• Develop change management and transition plans.
• Assemble and launch the project team to execute the plan.
• Execute the project procurement plan.
• Monitor and control project performance.
• Monitor and control project constraints.
• Monitor and control project risks.
• Monitor and control procurements.
• Perform project closure activities.
Defining Project Management Fundamentals
- Identify Project Management Basics
Describe the Project Life Cycle
Identify Organizational Influences on Project Management
Define Agile Methodology
Initiating the Project
- Identify the Project Selection Process
Prepare a Project SOW
Create a Project Charter
Identify Project Stakeholders
Planning the Project
- Identify Project Management Plan Components
Determine Stakeholder Needs
Create a Scope Statement
Preparing to Develop the Project Schedule
- Develop a WBS
Create an Activity List
Identify the Relationships Between Activities
Developing the Project Schedule
- Develop a Project Schedule
Identify the Critical Path
Optimize the Project Schedule
Create a Schedule Baseline
Planning Project Costs
- Estimate Project Costs
- Estimate the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
Planning Human Resources and Quality Management
- Create a Human Resource Plan
Create a Quality Management Plan
Communicating During the Project
- Identify Communication Methods
Create a Communications Management Plan
Planning for Risk
- Create a Risk Management Plan
Identify Project Risks and Triggers
Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
Develop a Risk Response Plan
Planning Project Procurements
- Collect Project Procurement Inputs
Prepare a Procurement Management Plan
Prepare Procurement Documents
Planning for Change and Transitions
- Develop an Integrated Change Control System
- Develop a Transition Plan
Executing the Project
- Direct the Project Execution
Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
Assemble the Project Team
Develop the Project Team
Manage the Project Team
Distribute Project Information
Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
Executing the Procurement Plan
- Obtain Responses from Vendors
Select Project Vendors
Monitoring and Controlling Project Performance
- Monitor and Control Project Work
Manage Project Changes
Report Project Performance
Monitoring and Controlling Project Constraints
- Control Project Scope
- Control Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
- Manage Project Quality
Monitoring and Controlling Project Risks
- Monitor and Control Project Risks
Monitoring and Controlling Procurements
- Monitor and Control Vendors and Procurements
Handling Legal Issues
Closing the Project
- Deliver the Final Product
Close Project Procurements
Close a Project
This course is designed for individuals in various job roles who have a basic knowledge of project management, and who participate in small to medium scale projects.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA® Project+® certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA® Project+® PK0-004 Certification Exam. A typical student taking the CompTIA® Project+® PK0-004 Certification Exam should have a minimum of 12 months of project management experience. Experience with specific project management software is helpful, but not mandatory.
Virtual CompTIA Project+ Certification - A CompTIA Certification (2009 Objectives) Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.