Identify customer types, set customer expectations and maintain a positive attitude when working with customers.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
After completing this course, students will know how to:- Distinguish the different types of customers, appreciate the importance of customer service, build rapport and communicate with customers, and respond to customers while exceeding their expectations.- Develop customer service skills, provide quality customer service, and solve customer service problems.- Understand customer dissatisfaction, work with customers who are either angry or upset, and reduce customer service stress.- Understand the importance of effective communication, identify the importance of interpersonal communication, provide quality service on the telephone, and compose effective e-mail messages.
Customer service fundamentals
- Customer service and customers
- Understanding the importance of good service
- Identifying the types of customers
- Customer interaction
- Building rapport with customers
- Communicating with customers
- Customer expectations
- Responding to a customer
- Exceeding customer expectations
Customer service skills
- Attitude and attention
- Demonstrating a positive attitude
- Providing extra attention
- Quality of service
- Providing good customer service
- Discussing the steps in service process
- Problem resolution
- Learning from problems
- Resolving problems
- Dissatisfied customers
- Understanding a dissatisfied customer
- Preventing dissatisfaction
- Handling dissatisfied customers and complaints
- Angry customers
- Handling an angry customer
- Diffusing anger through listening
- Upset customers
- Discussing the basics of serving an upset customer
- Serving an upset customer
- Stress in service situations
- Controlling your emotions
- Reducing stress
- Communication fundamentals
- Understanding clear communication
- Analyzing communication breakdown
- Interpersonal communication
- Communicating clearly with customers
- Understanding nonverbal and verbal aspects
- Telephone skills
- Providing good service on the telephone
- Understanding telephone etiquette
- E-mail etiquette
- Composing effective e-mail messages
- Using attachments effectively
Virtual Excellence in Service - Basic Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.