In this course, students will learn how to build and manage a team to develop a successful project.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
to know your team.
- Manage your team.
Projects and project teams
- Project fundamentals
- Understanding the phases of a project life cycle
- Identifying the characteristics of a successful project
- Project teams
- Understanding the stages of a project team
- Organizing a project team
- Avoiding pitfalls in project teams
Creating a project team
- Characteristics of a project team
- Understanding diversity
- Identifying the roles of project stakeholders
- Individual responsibilities
- Recognizing stress
- Evaluating individual performance in a team
Conducting team meetings
- Team meetings
- Identifying roles in project team meetings
- Maximizing effectiveness
- Building team cohesion
- Introductory meetings
- Understanding introductory meetings
- Setting goals
- Pitfalls to successful meetings
- Understanding communication issues
- Identifying the affects of misunderstood roles
- Managing conflict
Communicating in a project team
- Listening skills
- Improving active listening skills
- Identifying comprehensive and supportive listening
- Verbal communications
- Communicating clearly
- Communicating assertively
- Understanding effective verbal communication
- Understanding empowerment
- Receiving feedback
- Giving feedback
Decision-making in a project team
- Methods of decision-making
- Identifying decision-making methods
- Conflicts and consensus
- Resolving conflict in a team
- Dealing with difficult team members
- Achieving consensus
Preparing teams for project work
- Empowerment and motivation
- Building a team
- Motivating your team
- Developing positive culture
- Change management
- Identifying factors that lead to change
- Providing support
- Existing project team improvement
- Improving your team
- Directing team focus
Virtual Project Teams Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.