Learners gain an understanding of NetScaler features such as load balancing, SSL
offload, classic and advanced expressions, rate limiting and AppExpert
templates. Learners are guided through administrator tasks preparing them to
manage Citrix NetScaler 9.
Upon completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Identify NetScaler
hardware components and deployment scenarios.
- Deploy a NetScaler system as
a network gateway device.
- Create a high-availability pair and perform
synchronization and forced failover.
- Secure NetScaler communications
through access control lists, authentication, authorization, and auditing.
Create and configure system entities, service monitors, and load-balancing
- Optimize traffic and maintain the security of private
data with the SSL offload feature.
- Describe Global Server Load Balancing
architecture and concepts.
- Use classic policy expressions for content
filtering and compression.
- Configure policies and actions to transform
header and other elements of web traffic.
- Describe content switching and
the configuration process.
- Use application templates to optimize web
traffic from specific applications.
- Monitor the NetScaler system with the
Dashboard, Monitoring tool, and NetScaler logs.
- Describe the NetScaler 9.3
Lesson 1: Introducing and deploying Citrix NetScaler
- Introduction to the NetScaler system
- Planning a NetScaler deployment
- Deployment scenarios
- NetScaler platform and product editions
- Product features
- Hardware platforms and components
- NetScaler architecture overview
- Initial NetScaler access
Lesson 2: Networking
- NetScaler-owned IP addresses
- NetScaler modes
- Network address translation
- Virtual local area networks
- Link Aggregation
- Internet Control Message Protocol
- Path MTU discovery
- Dynamic routing support and route health injection
Lesson 3: Configuring high availability
- Introduction to high availability
- High availability node configuration
- Propagation and synchronization
- High availability management
Lesson 4: Securing the NetScaler system
- NetScaler system communication
- Access control lists
Lesson 5: Configuring load balancing
- Load-balancing process
- Entity management
- Load-balancing traffic types
- Service monitoring
- Load-balancing topology, methods, and additional options
- Advanced load balancing methods
- Link load balancing
- Custom load
- Load monitor process
- Service and virtual server management
- Load Balancing Visualizer
Lesson 6: Configuring SSL offload
- SSL and digital certificates
- SSL concepts
- SSL offload overview
- Offload performance
- SSL administration and deployment decisions
- Deployment scenarios
- Configuring SSL offload
- Creating an SSL virtual server
- Advanced SSL settings
Lesson 7: Configuring Global Server Load Balancing
- GSLB concepts
- Metric exchange protocol
- GSLB DNS methods
- GSLB persistence
- Configuring DNS virtual servers
- GSLB configuration
- Implementing traditional GSLB, proximity-based GSLB, and GSLB failover for disaster recovery
- GSLB entity relationship
- GSLB site communication example
Lesson 8: Using AppExpert Classic to optimize traffic
- Policy overview and basics
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Expression structures
- Content filtering
- Introduction to compression
Lesson 9: Using AppExpert for responder, rewrite, and URL transform
- Understanding the packet processing flow
- Understanding bind points
- Using pattern sets
- Rewrite, responder, and URL transformation overview
- Identifying packet processing flow
- Basic configurations: policies and actions
- Configuring rewrite actions
- Rewrite policies
- Responder actions and policies
- Configuring URL transformation
Lesson 10: Using AppExpert for content switching
- Introduction to content switching
- Configuring content-switching virtual servers
- Rule-based policy example
Lesson 11: Using AppExpert Advanced to optimize traffic
- Compression with advanced policy expressions
- Integrated caching
- Cache policies and cache expressions
- Graceful cache configuration changes
- Cache content groups and aging
- Content group settings
- Global cache attributes
- Caching management
- AppExpert templates
- Policy-based routing
Lesson 12: Management
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- Reporting and monitoring tools
- Auditing and logging
- Configuring an auditing server
- Global auditing parameters
- Configuring auditing policies
- NetScaler log management
- Replacing a high availability node
- Upgrading as a standalone NetScaler system
- Upgrading a high availability pair
- Password recovery
- Network traffic capture using NSTCPDUMP
- TCPDUMP options and filter expressions
- Network traffic capture using NSTRACE.SH
- NSTRACE options and filter expressions
This course is intended for system administrators or network operations
personnel who configure and administer Citrix NetScaler products.
Virtual CNS-203-2I Basic Administration for Citrix XenApp 9.3 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.