Successfully Settle Automobile Injury Claims
Regardless of how careful they are, the odds are good that your clients will be in a car accident at some time in their life. These cases are difficult enough when everything goes "right". But what if you run into trouble - determining who was liable, dealing with the insurance adjuster, computing damages or handling some other key issue? With challenges like these, you need more than just a working familiarity with the claims process. You need to be thoroughly up to speed in every stage and every step.
Expand your knowledge of automobile claims and insurance coverage when you attend this intensive seminar and improve your track record for settling cases in favor of your client. Expertly figure out the scope of insurance coverage, determine what's covered - and what isn't - and get clients every dime they're owed. Obtain all the information regarding the facts of the case in discovery to avoid costly surprises later. Skillfully use mediation and alternative dispute resolution to arrive at a reasonable settlement out of court and end the claim without further costs to your client. Do the best job possible of presenting your case in trial to ensure your client comes out on top. Remember, automobile injury claims are won or lost on your ability to manage the claims process error-free. Enroll in this seminar now.
- Avoid complications later by knowing lien considerations to be aware of.
- Factor in the impact of recent legislation and case law on your claim so you can keep your advice current.
- Successfully play the stacking and offsets game.
- Be prepared for anything by knowing the consequences of reneging on a settlement.
- Sidestep potential dangers in using law enforcement as expert witnesses.
- PROBE COMPLEX INSURANCE COVERAGE ISSUES
9:00 - 10:15, Scott McKinley
- Common Concerns Related to Insurance Liability Provisions
- What is Liability Coverage?
- How Medical Payment Coverage Can Wreak Havoc in Your Case
- A Detailed Look at Personal Injury Protection Coverage
- Little-Known Facts About Property Damage Coverage
- Primary/Excess Coverage
- Punitive Damages Coverage - What Your State Allows
- Statute of Limitations: Rules and Expectations
- Manage Your Liability Risk in Coverage Disputes
- Impact of Recent Legislation and Case Law on Your Claim
- CONDUCT INITIAL INVESTIGATIONS, GATHER EVIDENCE AND PREPARE EXPERTS
10:30 - 11:45, Charles E. Woolson Jr.
- The Adjuster's Role in Gathering All the Facts
- Methods of Accident Reconstruction
- Key Issues in Discovery - Pay Attention!
- How to More Easily Determine Who's Liable
- Factors to Consider When Computing Damages
- How the Vehicle May be Your Best Evidence
- Challenges Involved in Preparing Expert Witnesses for Trial
- How to Prepare Lay Witnesses That Don't Fall Apart in Trial
- SETTLE THE CLAIM WITHOUT GOING TO COURT
12:45 - 2:00, Charles E. Woolson Jr.
- How the Adjuster's Settlement Authority is Restricted
- What Works When Negotiating With Attorneys and Claimants
- Maneuver Your Way Through Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Clear Up Confusion About Subrogation
- Lien Considerations to Be Aware of
- Procedures for the Review of Settlement Documents
- The Consequences of Reneging on Settlement
- ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS
2:15 - 3:15, Alan J. Cohen
- TAKE THE CASE TO TRIAL
3:15 - 4:30, Scott McKinley
- What to Expect When Establishing Jurisdiction
- Choose Your Trial Methods: Jury or Non-Jury?
- Using Experts, Evidence and Exhibits in Court to Gain an Edge
- The Dangers in Using Law Enforcement as Expert Witnesses
- The Secrets to Delivering an Effective Direct Examination
- Prepare for the Unknown During the Cross-Examination
- A Checklist of Points to Include in Your Closing Argument
This intermediate-level seminar is designed for attorneys, paralegals, insurance adjusters, insurance company counsel and other legal and insurance professionals who want to handle claims more successfully - from the initial investigation to trial.