Techniques to Handle Your Next Medical Malpractice Case
malpractice law has never been more complex – and the environment is constantly
evolving. Are you up to speed on the latest laws that could impact your case?
Do you have the advanced skills you need to zealously represent your clients?
Our experienced faculty will not only tell you - but also show you - how you
can take your medical malpractice proficiency to the next level. By combining
case reviews, hypotheticals and practical legal application, your trainers will
give you the perfect mix of skills and knowledge so you can handle anything
that comes your way. Don't miss this excellent opportunity to sharpen your
medical malpractice skills. Enroll today!
on the cutting edge with the latest medical malpractice case law
developments and trends so you can be prepared to make the best argument
possible when handling your next case.
up your sleeves and practice hands-on skills you can use on your next
just hear about effective techniques for working with experts – watch a
mock expert interview so you can see how the pros do it.
your chances for settling out of court – our experienced faculty will
demonstrate a settlement negotiation, so you can get a first hand look at
the power of the Internet: streamline your medical malpractice research
with smarter, more effective Internet search skills.
the secrets to working with complicated, multiple party settlements so you
can handle them with ease.
how hot medical malpractice topics – like HIPAA – will affect you.
your practice and your horizons by using advanced strategies for reaching
a settlement in complex cases.
- CUTTING EDGE MALPRACTICE CASE LAW
9:00 - 10:15, H. David Blair and Jason B. Hendren
- Defining Who is a Health Care Provider
- Standard of Care
- Failure to Diagnose
- Medical Device
- Obstetric and Surgical
- Physician to Physician Communication and Contact in Light of HIPAA
- Recent Case Law Developments
- DYNAMIC TECHNIQUES FOR USING EXPERT WITNESSES
10:30 - 11:45, Jason B. Hendren and Phillip H. McMath
- Determining Qualifications of the Needed Expert
- Savvy Ways to Find the Expert You Need
- Using the Expert to Win Your Case – Plaintiff Perspective
- Defense Perspective on Expert Witnesses
- HIPAA Implications
- Putting Expert Witness Skills to Work – Mock Interview
- Applying Current Case Law
- SETTLEMENT STRATEGIES IN COMPLEX MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES
12:45 - 2:00, Jason B. Hendren and Zachary T. Steadman
- Handling Mediation and ADR
- Release Pitfalls
- Partial Settlements
- Multiple Party Settlements
- Mock Settlement Negotiation
- EFFECTIVE INTERNET TACTICS FOR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CLAIMS
2:15 - 3:30, David A. Littleton and Zachary T. Steadman
- What the Internet Can Do for You and Your Case
- Top Web Sites for the Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Using the Internet for Research
- WALKING THE ETHICAL LINE
3:30 - 4:30, Hugh E. Crisp
- Identifying and Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- Pros and Cons of Various Fee Agreements
- Marketing Your Legal Practice
- Following the Rules of Professional Conduct
This advanced level seminar is designed to take your medical malpractice claim skills to the next level through the integration of knowledge and practical hands-on skills. This course will benefit:
- Plaintiff Attorneys
- Defense Attorneys
- In-House Counsel
- Risk Managers
- Claims Professionals