In this course, students will learn how to use Access 2013 to manage data, including creating a new database; constructing tables; designing forms and reports; and creating queries to join, filter, and sort data.
Getting Started with Access
- Orientation to Microsoft Access
- Create a Simple Access Database
- Get Help in Microsoft Access
Working with Table Data
- Modify Table Data
- Sort and Filter Records
- Create Lookups
Querying a Database
- Join Data from Different Tables in a Query
- Sort and Filter Data in a Query
- Perform Calculations in a Query
Creating Advanced Queries
- Create Parameter Queries
- Create Action Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Summarize Data
- Create a Report
- Add Controls to a Report
- Enhance the Appearance of a Report
- Prepare a Report for Print
Customizing the Access Environment
- The Access Options Dialog Box
Designing a Relational Database
- Relational Database Design
- Create a Table
- Create Table Relationships
- Create Query Joins
- Join Tables That Have No Common Fields
- Relate Data within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
- Create Subqueries
Organizing a Database for Efficiency
- Data Normalization
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve Table Structure
Sharing Data Across Applications
- Import Data into Access
- Export Data to Text File Formats
- Export Access Data to Excel
- Create a Mail Merge
- Organize Report Information
- Format Reports
- Include Control Formatting in a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
This course is designed for students who wish to establish a foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Access 2013, including the skills necessary to create a new database, construct data tables, design forms and reports, and create queries.
Virtual Access 2013 - Part 1 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.