In this course, students learn advanced Access features such as database management, advanced form design, packaging a database, encrypting a database, preparing a database for multi-user access and more.
Implementing Advanced Form Design
- Add Controls to Forms
- Create Subforms
- Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Enhance Navigation of Forms
- Apply Conditional Formatting
Using Data Validation
- Field and Record Validation
- Form Validation
Using Macros to Improve User Interface Design
- Create a Macro
- Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Validate Data Using a Macro
- Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
- Convert a Macro to VBA
Using Advanced Database Management
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Manage a Database
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
- Analyze the Performance of a Database
Distributing and Securing a Database
- Splitting a Database for Multiple User Access
- Implement Security
- Set Passwords
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature
- Create a Database Switchboard
- Modify a Database Switchboard
- Set Startup Options
Students taking this course are database administrators or prospective database administrators who have experience working with Access 2013 and need to learn advanced skills. This course is also for students who seek the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and who want to prepare for Exam 77-885, Microsoft Office 2013.
Virtual Access 2013 - Part 2 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.