Marketers today are challenged by many things – the speed of change, adoption of new technologies, the increasing empowerment of buyers, and limited resources. Despite these challenges, traditional marketing planning and execution has not changed much in more than 50 years.
In this Agile Marketing training course we will explore why conventional methods of managing marketing no longer work, and why Agile Marketing, inspired by Agile software development, helps marketing teams get more done and adapt quickly to changing marketing requirements. We will explain the principles, processes, terminology and tools of Agile Marketing. We will provide real-world examples of how teams are using Agile Marketing today, and discuss how to inspire and organize marketers for maximum effectiveness in Agile Marketing teams.
We'll also cover some practicalities of implementing Agile Marketing in organizations, including transitioning to it, sustaining it, what can go wrong (and how to avoid it), selling it into the organization and the impact of Agile Marketing on your budgeting process. By the end of the course, you should know how to introduce Agile Marketing into your organization and start implementing it.
In this Agile Marketing Training Course You Will Learn How To:
- Create a buyer persona
- Describe each persona's buyer's journey
- Tailor your marketing model to your buyers
- Organize your marketing work by strategic priorities
- Use relative estimation for predictable performance
- Use Scrum for adaptive and iterative planning
- Use Scrum to track progress and improve productivity
- Involve and deliver tangible results to executives and sales leaders
- Measure effectiveness in ways that stakeholders understand
- Transition into Agile Marketing
- Effectively budget for marketing without a 12-month plan
Agile Marketing has been identified as one of the top trends to watch by Gartner, Forrester, eConsultancy and others. And while anyone can find the basic values and principles of Agile Marketing at www.agilemarketingmanifesto.org, there is a wide degree of variation in how organizations implement Agile Marketing. This course is unique in that it combines coverage of Agile Marketing concepts as well as a concrete explanation of how to implement it using Scrum specifically tailored for marketing teams.
Overall Agile Marketing Course Methodology
This Agile Marketing training course will be a mixture of lectures and labs. The labs include building a buyer persona and marketing model, organizing a backlog, using relative estimation, sprint planning, and executing a sprint.
Top Ten Reasons to Take This Agile Marketing Course
- You will increase the productivity of your marketing team
- Your marketing will have greater alignment with the business and sales goals of the organization
- The impact and value of marketing will be more visible to the rest of the organization
- You will prioritize the most important items and stop doing stuff that doesn't have an impact on revenue or customer satisfaction
- You will adapt to change more quickly
- You will be able to provide clear measurements of the impact of marketing
- You will beat your competitors that are NOT practicing Agile Marketing
- You will improve internal communication and eliminate internal conflict
- You will gain cutting-edge marketing skills
- Marketing will be fun again!