Determine Form 941 compliance requirements and what to do when you need to correct an error on prior returns.
The IRS collects hundreds of billions of dollars of employment taxes each year - more than any other source of revenue. Form 941 and related forms lie at the heart of the IRS's employment tax collection system. Much of the administrative burden under that system falls on employers. An employer's failure to understand and comply with its obligations can result in IRS assessments, audits and penalties. This live webinar will help tax and payroll specialists and others with an interest in this issue to under stand the employer's obligations under the employment tax collection system, including how to handle corrections and disputes when they arise.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for accountants, CPAs, CFOs,
controllers, tax managers, presidents, vice presidents, payroll
professionals, enrolled agents and tax preparers.
- You will be able to describe withholding requirements.
- You will be able to discuss interest and penalties.
- You will be able to explain how to correct errors on prior returns and obtain refunds.
- You will be able to review deposit requirements.
||Overview of Employment Tax Rules
- Withholding Requirements
- Wage Withholding
- Backup Withholding
- Withholding on Payments to Nonresident Aliens
- Deposit Requirements
- Due Dates and De Minimis Rules
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
- Employment Tax Return Requirement
- Forms for Different Types of Employment Taxes
- Filing Returns Electronically
- Information Reporting Requirements
- Forms W2 and W3
- Form 1099MISC
- Special Situations (Employee Termination, Mergers, etc.)
- Correcting Errors on Prior Returns and Obtaining Refunds
- Administrative Rules
- Refund Suits
- Employee Notice Requirements
- Special Situations (Mergers, etc.)
- Interest and Penalties
- FailuretoDeposit Penalty
- Interest on Late Payments, InterestFree Adjustments
- FailuretoFile Penalty
- AccuracyRelated Penalty
- FailuretoPay Penalty
- Information Reporting Penalties
- Responsible Person (Trust Fund Recovery) Penalty
- Criminal Penalties