The negotiating process is different in a long-term relationship. Wielding your power and taking a hard-line stance to obtain the bottom line only works so long. Sooner or later the relationship turns sour. You need a new perspective and specialized strategies if you’re to maintain a long-term relationship with vendors and suppliers. That’s why this audio conference is so valuable.
Whether you love—or hate—negotiating, you’ll learn dozens of customized techniques for moving away from an adversarial approach to one that creates cooperation and improved outcomes over the long haul. In just one hour, you’ll learn how to think “long term,” disagree constructively, craft deals that create maximum value for both sides and set the stage for positive future negotiations.
- How to agree to disagree … without undermining your relationship
- Keeping the focus on supplier ties instead of buyer wins
- 5 tips for repetitive buying negotiations
- How to handle contracts set up before you became the buyer
- 17 tactics customized for long-term buyer/seller relationships
- First bond, then bargain: Setting the stage for continuing contact
- A.S.I.—Always Seek Improvement … a 25-point checklist to evaluate every negotiation
- You fumbled an important purchase! 15 ways to get the ball moving again
- Bridge-building to get vendors to come over to your side
- One-shot deals: How to change your strategy for those occasional short-term negotiations
Cancelation Policy: If you cannot attend an event, you may send someone else in your place. If that isn’t an option for you, cancellations received up to five working days before the event are refundable, minus a registration service charge ($10 for one-day events; $25 for multiple-day events). After that, cancellations are subject to the entire seminar fee, which you may apply toward a future seminar. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment.