Course Objective: You will explore the background and techniques of customer interactions.
Target Student: This course is intended for customer service professionals with any level of experience who want to expand their knowledge, improve their skill set, and increase the understanding of customer benefits.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- acquire tools to provide quality customer service and make lasting impressions on customers.
- explore how customers define the success of your company, as well as a customer’s emotional behaviors, and how that sensitivity influences his or her decision making.
- discover techniques to increase customer satisfaction through your behavior, sensitivity, and respect.
- examine the techniques for providing service through face-to-face contact, the factors that contribute to the success of that contact, and the benefits of actively listening to your customers.
- identify the stages of customer management and recognize who your internal customers are. You will also explore value chain management and how to make positive long-term decisions that add value to your company.
- identify the guidelines for dealing with unreasonable and irate customers.
- take action to increase the loyalty of the customers you serve.
- increase sales via customer service.
Lesson 1: The Value of Customer Care
Topic 1A: Understand Customer Care
Topic 1B: Customer Care and Motivation
Topic 1C: Standing Out with Customer Care
Lesson 2: Customers Define Success
Topic 2A: Trends in Customer Service
Topic 2B: The Customer Care Equation
Lesson 3: You Make the Difference
Topic 3A: The Human Touch
Topic 3B: Applying the Human Touch
Lesson 4: Customer Relationships
Topic 4A: Face-to-Face Contact
Topic 4B: Service Face to Face
Topic 4C: Benefits of Active Listening
Topic 4D: The Value of Complaints
Topic 4E: The Service Recovery Process
Lesson 5: Who Is the Customer?
Topic 5A: Customer Relationship Management
Topic 5B: Internal Customers
Topic 5C: Value Chain Management
Lesson 6: Engage Difficult Customers
Topic 6A: The Unreasonable Customer
Topic 6B: The Angry Customer
Topic 6C: The Unhelpful Colleague
Lesson 7: Increasing Customer Loyalty
Topic 7A: Moments of Truth
Topic 7B: Analyze Moments of Truth
Lesson 8: Increase Sales via Service
Topic 8A: Sales Orientation
Topic 8B: Features and Benefits
Topic 8C: The Nature of Persuasion