In this course, you will learn to design and develop services that access local and remote data from various data sources. You will also learn to develop and deploy services to hybrid environments, including on-premises servers and Windows Azure.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20487: Developing Windows Azure and Web Services. It covers the skills and knowledge measured by Exam 70-487 and, in conjunction with hands-on experience, can help you prepare for the exam.
- Describe the basic concepts of service development and data access strategies using the .NET platform.
- Describe the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and its compute, data, and application hosting offerings.
- Design and develop a data-centric application using Visual Studio 2017 and Entity Framework Core.
- Design, implement, and consume HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Extend HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Host services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure.
- Deploy services to both on-premises and cloud environments and manage the interface and policy for their services.
- Choose a data storage solution, cache, distribute, and synchronize data.
- Monitor, log, and troubleshoot services.
- Describe claim-based identity concepts and standards, and implement authentication and authorization with Azure Active Directory.
- Create scalable service applications.
1.áOverview of Service and Cloud Technologies
òáKey components of distributed applicationsá
òáData and data access technologies
2.áQuerying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
òáCreating an entity data model
3.áCreating and Consuming ASP.NET Web APIs
òáCreating an ASP.NET Web API service
òáConsuming ASP.NET Core Web APIs
òáHandling HTTP requests and responses
òáAutomatically Generating HTTP Requests and Responses
4.áExtending ASP.NET Core HTTP Services
òáASP.NET Web API request pipeline
òáCustomizing Controllers and Actions
òáInjecting dependencies into controllers
5.áHosting Services On-Premise and in Azure
òáHosting Services on-premises
òáHosting Services in Azure App Service
òáPackaging Services in Containers
òáImplementing Serverless Services
6.áDeploying and Managing Services
òáWeb Deployment with Visual Studio 7
òáContinuous Delivery with Visual Studio Team Services
òáDeploying Applications to Staging and Production Environments
òáDefining Service Interfaces with Azure API Management
7.áImplementing Data Storage in Azure
òáChoosing a Data Storage Mechanism
òáAccessing Data in Azure Storage
òáWorking with Structured Data in Azure
òáGeographically Distributing Data with Azure CDN
òáScaling with Out-of-Process Cache
8.áDiagnostics and Monitoring
òáLogging in ASP.NET Core
9.áSecuring services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure
òáExplaining Security Technology
òáSecuring Services with ASP.NET Core Identity
òáSecuring Services with Azure Active Directory
òáIntroduction to Scalability
òáAzure Application Gateway and Traffic Manager
Novice and experienced .NET developers with a minimum of six months programming experience and want to learn how to develop services and deploy them to hybrid environments.
Secondary: .NET developers with Web application development experience who are exploring developing new applications or porting existing applications to Microsoft Azure.