In this course, you will learn to design and develop services that access local and remote data from various data sources. You will also learn to develop and deploy services to hybrid environments, including on-premises servers and Windows Azure.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20487: Developing Windows Azure and Web Services. It covers the skills and knowledge measured by Exam 70-487 and, in conjunction with hands-on experience, can help you prepare for the exam.
- Describe the basic concepts of service development and data access strategies using the .NET platform.
- Describe the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and its compute, data, and application hosting offerings.
- Design and develop a data-centric application using Visual Studio 2017 and Entity Framework Core.
- Design, implement, and consume HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Extend HTTP services using ASP.NET Core.
- Host services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure.
- Deploy services to both on-premises and cloud environments and manage the interface and policy for their services.
- Choose a data storage solution, cache, distribute, and synchronize data.
- Monitor, log, and troubleshoot services.
- Describe claim-based identity concepts and standards, and implement authentication and authorization with Azure Active Directory.
- Create scalable service applications.
1. Overview of Service and Cloud Technologies
• Key components of distributed applications
• Data and data access technologies
• Service technologies
• Cloud computing
• Manipulating Data
2. Querying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
• ADO.NET Overview
• Creating an entity data model
• Querying data
3. Creating and Consuming ASP.NET Web APIs
• HTTP services?
• Creating an ASP.NET Web API service
• Consuming ASP.NET Core Web APIs
• Handling HTTP requests and responses
• Automatically Generating HTTP Requests and Responses
4. Extending ASP.NET Core HTTP Services
• ASP.NET Web API request pipeline
• Customizing Controllers and Actions
• Injecting dependencies into controllers
5. Hosting Services On-Premise and in Azure
• Hosting Services on-premises
• Hosting Services in Azure App Service
• Packaging Services in Containers
• Implementing Serverless Services
6. Deploying and Managing Services
• Web Deployment with Visual Studio 7
• Continuous Delivery with Visual Studio Team Services
• Deploying Applications to Staging and Production Environments
• Defining Service Interfaces with Azure API Management
7. Implementing Data Storage in Azure
• Choosing a Data Storage Mechanism
• Accessing Data in Azure Storage
• Working with Structured Data in Azure
• Geographically Distributing Data with Azure CDN
• Scaling with Out-of-Process Cache
8. Diagnostics and Monitoring
• Logging in ASP.NET Core
• Diagnostic Tools
• Application Insights
9. Securing services on-premises and in Microsoft Azure
• Explaining Security Technology
• Securing Services with ASP.NET Core Identity
• Securing Services with Azure Active Directory
10. Scaling Services
• Introduction to Scalability
• Automatic Scaling
• Azure Application Gateway and Traffic Manager
Novice and experienced .NET developers with a minimum of six months programming experience and want to learn how to develop services and deploy them to hybrid environments.
Secondary: .NET developers with Web application development experience who are exploring developing new applications or porting existing applications to Microsoft Azure.