The student will learn how to use the key components of the Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2013 application on a desktop, laptop, or Microsoft® Windows® 8 tablet device, when working in or away from the primary office or study environment.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
In this course students will: • Explore the structure of a OneNote notebook.• Add content to and organize a OneNote notebook.• Manage OneNote notebooks, history, and backups.• Work with Excel spreadsheets and embedded files.• Share and collaborate with notebooks.• Finalize a notebook.
Exploring Notebook Structure
- Navigate the OneNote 2013 Environment
- Use Predesigned Templates for OneNote Notebooks
- Customize the User Interface within OneNote
Adding Content and Formats to a OneNote Notebook
- Modify Formatting in a Notebook
- Add Audio and Video to a Notebook
- Add Quick Notes and Links
- Use Tags, Symbols, Drawing Tools, and Pen Options
Managing OneNote Notebooks, History, and Backups
- Save and Export Content and Use Alternate File Types
- Manage Notebook Recycle Bins and Backups
Working with Excel Spreadsheets and Embedded Files
- Work with Excel Spreadsheets
- Work with Embedded Files
Sharing and Collaborating with Notebooks
- Send a Notebook and Use Outlook Integration
- Share and Collaborate on Notebooks
Finalizing a Notebook
- Finalize a Notebook Using Proofing and Print Settings
- Configure Notebook Settings, Properties, and Security
- Organize and Search Notebooks
This course is intended for students, educators, business users, and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have competence in a desktop-based installation of the 2007 or 2010 edition of the Microsoft Office productivity suite, and who are now incorporating digital note-taking and note collaboration with Microsoft OneNote 2013 into their standard work environment while using a laptop, desktop, tablet, or other mobile device.
Virtual OneNote 2013 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.