This course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vCloud® Networking and Security™ for the VMware® vSphere® professional.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Identify common use cases for vCloud Networking and Security components
• Install VMware vCloud® Networking and Security Manager™ and configure it to work with vCenter Server
• Create and manage VXLAN virtual wires
• Identify environments that benefit from deploying VMware vCloud® Networking and Security Edge™ and install and configure it
• Identify environments that benefit from VMware vCloud®
Networking and Security App™ and install and configure it in a cluster
• Describe the enterprise requirements for compliance analysis and how VMware vCloud® Networking and Security Data Security™ can provide a solution
System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying vCloud Networking and Security
- Introductions and course logistics
VMware Networking and Security
- Networking and Security virtualization vision
VMware vCloud Networking and Security Components
VMware vCloud Networking and Security Manager
- Installation prerequisites
Installing vCloud Networking and Security Manager
- Layer-2 connectivity and VLAN constraints
IP encapsulation and multicast requirements
Creating and connecting a VXLAN virtual wire
Testing VXLAN Virtual Wire Connectivity
Securing the Data Center
- Securing the virtual data center
Securing Virtual Networks
VMware vCloud Networking and Security Edge
- Installing and configuring vCloud Networking and Security Edge
Internal and uplink interfaces
Adding, changing, and deleting firewall and NAT rules
Configuring site-to-site IPsec VPNs
Configuring SSL VPNs for remote access
Configuring load-balancer services
Configuring high-availability services
VMware vCloud Networking and Security App
- Installing and configuring vCloud Networking and Security App
Hypervisor-based firewall on each host
Firewall rules for virtual machine protection
Flow monitoring as a traffic analysis tool
- Challenges with endpoint security
VMware® vShield Endpoint™ components
Antivirus use cases and solutions
VMware vCloud Networking and Security Data Security
- Data security policies and compliance
Data security scans
Virtual VMware® vCloud Networking & Security for vSphere Professionals v5.1 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.