This course is designed to assist current NetWare administrators and engineers in transferring their skills and knowledge from a NetWare environment to a Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux environment.
During this course you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- Understand the process for migrating services and data from NetWare to Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Configure and maintain patches, upgrades, and installation of Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Understand the principles for supporting Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux issues, including troubleshooting and maintenance
- Understand storage using Dynamic Storage Technologies (DST)
- Manage the administration of security on Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Perform configuring tasks for Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux services
- Understand and install virtualized NetWare
The audience for this course is the community of NetWare administrators and engineers (CNEs) interested in moving their servers from NetWare to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux or installing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux servers into their existing network. Additionally, those pursuing the Novell Certified Engineer Enterprise Services (NCE - ES) certification would find this course contains valuable information necessary for their test.
Virtual 3091 Novell Identity Manager 3.5 Administration Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.