This developer first-look clinic provides an overview of the new features, functional areas, product enhancements, and application models in SharePoint 2013.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the new features, functional areas, and product enhancements in SharePoint 2013.
- Summarize the key features of the SharePoint 2013 application development platform and describe the key features of Marketplaces.
- Explain what a SharePoint-Hosted app is, and describe how to build a SharePoint-Hosted app.
- Explain what a Cloud-Hosted app is, and describe how to build a Cloud-Hosted app.
- Describe how developers extend Office Application user interfaces by creating Apps for Office and publishing them in different catalogs.
- Describe how to create and code a simple App for Office that interacts with document content.
- Describe improvements in Manage Metadata Services, Enterprise Content Management and Web Content Management in SharePoint 2013.
- Describe the new social networking functionality available to SharePoint 2013 App developers.
- Describe how the new capabilities of the SharePoint Search engine can be used in SharePoint Apps.
- Describe how to query the index from a SharePoint-Hosted app using CSOM.
NOTE: This clinic was developed on early beta software and therefore demonstration steps may be different depending on the version of the software being used for a particular clinic. The features and procedures demonstrated may change in the final release of SharePoint 2013.
Introducing the SharePoint 2013 Platform for Developers
- Introducing SharePoint 2013 to All Stakeholders
The SharePoint 2013 Development Platform
SharePoint 2013 Apps
- SharePoint-Hosted Apps
Apps for Office and SharePoint
- What is apps for Office?
Apps for Office Types
Apps for Office Catalogs
SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Services
- Enterprise Content Management and Web Content Management
Virtual 40027 First Look Clinic: What's New for Developers in Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.