This course provides students with tools to implement and maintain cross-application setup data after the system components are installed. The focus is on application-oriented work involved in setting up and maintaining company-wide rules, data, and users.
After completing this course, students will be able to: - Initiate a new Microsoft Dynamics NAV company using the RIM toolkit.- Set up companywide number series.- Create general journal templates and batches.- Set up posting groups and recognize how posting groups direct posting transactions.- Set up the various aspects of dimensions.- Manage user rights (including logins and permissions) and set up RoleTailored profiles.- Set up the document approval system.
This course is intended for Microsoft Dynamics NAV partners and administrators/super users who are responsible for implementing and maintaining application setup data in Microsoft Dynamics NAV installations.
Set Up a Company with the RIM Toolkit
- Manual Setup vs. RIM
- RIM Toolkit Overview
- Using the RIM Toolkit
- Demonstration: Create a Setup Questionnaire
- Demonstration: Initialize a New Company Based on the Setup Questionnaire
- Use Data Templates
- Migrate Data
- Lab : Create a Setup Questionnaire
- Lab : Import and Apply a Setup Questionnaire
- Lab : Create a New Contact Data Template
- Lab : Create and Export the Vendor Data Migration File
- Lab : Complete the Migration of Vendor Data
Set Up Number Series
- Number Series
- Lab : Create a Number Series
Set Up Journal Templates and Batches
- Journal Templates, Batches, and Lines
- Create Journal Templates and Batches
- Lab : Create a Journal Batch
Set Up Posting Groups
- Specific Posting Groups
- General Posting Groups
- General Posting Setup
- VAT Posting Groups
- VAT Posting Setup
- Additional VAT Posting Setup
- Procedure: Determine Posting Groups
- Demonstration: Post and Review a Sales Transaction
- Lab : Set Up an Inventory Posting Group
- Lab : Create a Product Posting Group
- Lab : Copy a General Posting Setup Line
- Lab : Create a VAT Posting Group
- Lab : Copy a VAT Posting Setup
Set Up Dimensions
- Dimensions and Dimensions Values
- Dimension Types
- Dimension Combinations
- Default Dimensions
- Default Dimension Priority
- Demonstration: Work with Default Dimension Priorities
- Lab : Set Up a Dimension with Dimension Values
- Lab : Set Up a Dimension Combination
- Lab : Assign a Default Dimensions to a Single Account
- Lab : Assign Default Dimensions to Multiple Accounts
- Lab : Assign Vendor Account Type Default Dimensions
Manage User Rights and Profiles
- Security Setup Overview
- Security Sectup for RoleTailored Client
- User Profile Setup for the RoleTaloired Client
- Demonstration: Create a New Role
- Demonstration: Apply SQL Server Security Filters
- Security Setup for Classic Client
- User-Specific Setup
- Active Directory Security
- Lab : Create a Windows Login and Assign Roles
- Lab : Assign a Profile
Set Up and Manage Document Approvals
- Set Up Document Approvals
- Demonstration: Set Up User Logins for Document Approvals
- Demonstration: Set Up Approval Users in a Hierarchy
- Set Up the Notification System
- Send Overdue Notifications
- Delegating Substitute Approvers
- Lab : Set Up Document Approvals
Virtual 80049 Application Setup in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.