This advanced training workshop focuses on the Project Management area of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2010. Students assume the role of a Project Manager as they complete a case study involving the implementation of one of the Microsoft Dynamics.
After completing this course, students will be able to:- Examine how to prepare and plan for a Diagnostic phase.- Decide, plan, and deliver Sure Step decision accelerators.- Define the scope of the project based on results from the decision accelerator. - Guide the customer toward the most efficient implementation process and project type.- Produce time and cost estimates for the project.- Plan the resources for the project and plan for risks.- Prepare for and conduct the Kickoff meeting with the Customer.- Determine if a Solutions Overview is necessary.- Understand the Detailed Business Process Analysis.- Identify and document functional requirement Fits and Gaps.- Control scope creep by implementing proposal management.- Plan early for the Deployment phase by creating a deployment plan.- Learn how to use solution design documents.- Examine Performance Reporting and Status Reporting.- Plan and perform testing activities across different phases.- Conduct a tollgate review.- Prepare and conduct the cutover from the non-production to production environment.- Understand the importance of quality management during the Operation phase.- Identify how to work towards project closure.
This training is intended for Project Managers and Implementation Consultants responsible for managing Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, and NAV implementations.
Introduction to the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Case Study
- Overview of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step
- Lab : Create a Test Project
- Lab : Import the Sure Step Project File for the Case Study
Project Initiation and Planning in the Diagnostic Phase
- Preparing for the Diagnostic Phase
- Delivering Decision Accelerators
- Planning the Project
- Managing the Project Proposal
- Lab : Internal Briefing Meeting
- Lab : Review Preliminary Project Information
- Lab : Select Decision Accelerators
- Lab : Initiate Project Meeting
- Lab : Requirements and Process Review
- Lab : Fit Gap and Solution Blueprint
- Lab : Scoping Assessment
- Lab : Define the Project Type for the Case
- Lab : Create the High-Level Project Plan
- Lab : Project Planning Discussion
- Lab : Create the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Lab : Present the Statement of Work
Project Planning and Execution during the Analysis Phase
- Project Planning and Communications Management During the Analysis Phase
- Conduct the Solutions Overview
- Detailed Business Process Analysis
- Fit Gap Analysis
- Issue Management
- Proposal Management
- Lab : Prepare for the Kick Off Meeting
- Lab : Conduct the Kick Off Meeting
- Lab : Necessity of Solutions Overview
- Lab : Create a training plan
- Lab : Review Workshop Reports
- Lab : Complete the Functional Requirements Document (FRD)
- Lab : Identify Gap Information
- Lab : Identify Issues
- Lab : Class Discussion – Identify Changes
- Lab : Document Changes and Update the Project Plan
Project Execution and Monitoring During the Design, Development, and Deployment Phases
- Overview of the Design, Development, and Deployment phases
- Project Planning
- Solution Design
- Project Performance and Status Reporting
- Tollgate Review
- Lab : Create the Deployment Plan
- Lab : Update the Project Plan
- Lab : Create a Fit Design in the Functional Design Document (FDD)
- Lab : Create a Gap Design in the Functional Design Document (FDD)
- Lab : Create a Solution Design Document (SDD)
- Lab : Using Design Documents
- Lab : Review the Consultant Status Report
- Lab : Create the Project Status Report
- Lab : Unit and Function Testing
- Lab : User Acceptance Testing
- Lab : Prepare the Tollgate Review
- Lab : Create a Go-Live Cut-over Plan
Project Closure During the Operations Phase
- Quality Management
- Additional Operation Activities
- Project Closure
- Lab : Clear Pending Items
- Lab : Lessons Learned
- Lab : Conduct Close-Out Meeting
Virtual 80199 Project Managing Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Implementations with Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2010 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.